[cairo] Simple SVG Example in C

Timothy Bolton ifoundthetao at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 08:25:11 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm looking for a very simple example of getting Cairo to save to an SVG
file.  I'm working in ANSI-C.

I've gone through the documentation as best I could, I've searched
Google, mulled over StackOverflow and even cried a little.  So far, I
haven't been able to get it to work.  Writing a surface to a PNG works
for me, but for whatever reason, I'm at a loss for the SVG.

I've included a pastebin of the code: http://pastebin.com/bDtFZ9Ww

The environment that I'm working in is Ubuntu server (11 I think), and
I'm using gcc for compiling.

Thanks!

--
'We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals.'
Quarry Worker's Creed