[cairo] Is GtkScrolledWindow right for scrolling a GtkDrawingArea?

Ken Resander kresander at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 9 07:46:34 PDT 2013

My application will output images, text and diagrams. The output will be generated in a GtkDrawingArea and this will usually be bigger than the screen, so I will need to provide horizontal and vertical scrolling, like browsers rendering html.

I am new to Cairo and have only used basic text windows, listboxes and a few other simple widgets for GTK.
Will a GtkScrollWindow handle the scrolling of the GtkDrawingArea?

Ken