[cairo] cairo Digest, Vol 97, Issue 5

Roger Davis rbd at soest.hawaii.edu
Thu Aug 8 11:17:22 PDT 2013

Hi Jennifer,

I have a number of medium- to large-ish apps which I recently ported from
Xlib/Motif to Cairo/GTK3, running on both CentOS 6 and MacOS (10.8.x). I
have had no rendering problems on MacOS, either on XQuartz or the previous
MacOS-distributed X in earlier MacOS releases. My code differs from yours,
however, in that I have completely removed all direct Xlib calls from my
own code, and have done everything through GTK3 using that package's event
handling and its GtkDrawingArea type. This might be a difference worth
investigation. If nothing else, you probably want to get away from Xlib in
the long run any way although it's of course a major bit of work which is
never convenient.

Roger Davis
Univ. of Hawaii