[cairo] Mac OS X, getting started?

The Devils Jester thedevilsjester at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 22:06:18 PST 2013

While both of these seem to be good solutions (I am leaning more towards
quartz than NSOpenGL) I cannot find any "Hello World" demonstrations that
create a simple window.  Is there a generic GLUT like function that
abstracts the platform specific window creation boiler plate code?   I
found one example to show a manual method for xlib at
http://en.literateprograms.org/Hello_World_(C,_Cairo)  but cannot seem to
find a Mac OS X or Windows example.