[cairo] [patch] gl: create BGRA texture and avoid conversion

Henry (Yu) Song - SISA hsong at sisa.samsung.com
Wed Jan 30 13:32:01 PST 2013

OK, I am not making it clear.

On Desktop with GL drivers, BGRA-format texture is not allowed (http://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man/xhtml/glTexImage2D.xml).  However, driver can do auto-conversion from BGRA to internal format of RGBA.
On GLES driver, if the driver supports GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888, it can create BGRA texture.  if the driver supports GL_EXT_read_bgra - it also supports reading BGRA data back with glReadPixels.  Only if these two extensions are present, we can be sure we can upload and download BGRA image, otherwise, a conversion of BGRA to RGBA is unavoidable.  On GLES driver, it is not guaranteed you create a RGBA texture and can upload BGRA data (some drivers do allow that, for example, mesa and img).

In the patch ctx->supports_bgra is TRUE only GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA888 and GL_EXT_read_rgba are both present.

You are right on last point, I should leave PIXMAN_x8b8g8r8/PIXMAN_r8g8b8x8 in place.  Better to resubmit the entire patch?

Thanks

Henry