[cairo] Run Cairo with OpenGL ES 2 backend on Android

Henry (Yu) Song - SISA henry.song at samsung.com
Wed Jul 3 10:56:56 PDT 2013

Hi, Ngoc

I could not extract much from your log.  It seems somewhere in cairo_device_create_for_egl has error.  Did you compile cairo with debug.

EGL_SAMPLES and EGL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS are attributes setting when you eglChooseConfig, like following snippet

	EGLint attr[] = {
	    EGL_SURFACE_TYPE, EGL_WINDOW_BIT, // window surface instead of pixmap or pbuffer surface
	    EGL_RENDERABLE_TYPE, EGL_OPENGL_ES2_BIT,  // configure for opengl es 2
	    EGL_STENCIL_SIZE, 1, // minimal stencil size
	    EGL_RED_SIZE, 1,
	    EGL_GREEN_SIZE, 1,
	    EGL_BLUE_SIZE, 1,
	    EGL_ALPHA_SIZE, 1,
	    EGL_SAMPLES, 4, // 4x msaa
	    EGL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS, 1, // must be 1
	    EGL_NONE
	};

	if(!eglChooseConfig (egl_display, attr, &egl_config, 1, &num)) {
	    printf("cannot choose config\n");
	    exit(-1);
	}

	if (num != 1) {
	    printf("did not get exactly one config = %d\n", num);
	    exit(-1);
	}

        // create an egl window surface from existing native window (in x case, win = XCreateWindow()/XCreateSimpleWindow() )
	EGLSurface egl_surface = eglCreateWindowSurface (egl_display,
		egl_config, (NativeWindowType) window, NULL);

Hope this helps

Henry