[cairo] Linen Texture

Simon Sapin simon.sapin at exyr.org
Mon Jul 29 06:39:44 PDT 2013

Le 29/07/2013 13:35, Bobby Salazar a écrit :
> Does anyone know if it is possible to produce a linen texture using
> Cairo? Ideally I would like to create a Cairo pattern than can be used
> to fill a path. Ideally, I would like something similar to this:
>
> http://tutvid.com/create-linen-texture-photoshop/
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this?

If you’re doing something pixel-based:

1. Do as in that link you gave
2. Save the result as PNG
3. Use cairo_image_surface_create_from_png() to get a cairo surface
4. Make a surface pattern from that
5. Set the pattern’s "extend" to CAIRO_EXTEND_REPEAT
6. Use the pattern as a source.

http://cairographics.org/manual/cairo-PNG-Support.html
http://cairographics.org/manual/cairo-cairo-pattern-t.html
http://cairographics.org/manual/cairo-cairo-t.html

If you want vectors it’s gonna be more tricky: you’ll need to express
the effect you want in terms of paths, colors, gradients, etc.

--
Simon Sapin