[cairo] Lao Word-Break Support Contribution

Martin Robinson mrobinson at igalia.com
Mon Mar 11 19:25:21 PDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 3:22 AM, Robert M Campbell
<robert.rcampbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to offer a contribution to this library, if ICU is not already
> used, for supporting Lao word-breaking.

Nice offer! If I understand it correctly though, the answer is that
Cairo doesn't do line-wrapping or word-breaking itself and requires
the caller to position all glyphs [1]. You can see that the API
available targets lower level use [2].

1. Other than the toy text API, which is just what it says: a toy. :)
2. http://www.cairographics.org/manual/cairo-text.html

--Martin