[cairo] Using cairo-xlib to get screenshots

Oliver embry00s at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 10:41:14 PDT 2013

Hello!

I'm writing an application that needs to take screenshots and send them
over the network. I'm trying to use cairo_xlib_surface_create and then
cairo_surface_write_to_png[_stream]. I've managed to get cairo to write
proper png files, but they are all entirely black. Would really appreciate
any help in the matter.

I've created a small repository with the relevant code here:
https://bitbucket.org/oliveruv/native_capper/src

The relevant functions are captester.cpp::main, libsc.cpp::configure and
libsc.cpp::prntScreen. The stream writing things exhibit the same problem,
but are a bit less direct.

Warm regards,
Oliver Uvman