[cairo] Using cairo-xlib to get screenshots

Oliver embry00s at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 12:29:56 PDT 2013

Ah, I've never used a library version other than those from aptitude
before. What's the safest method for doing this? Can I just compile the
libraries from git (are at 1.13.1) and link them directly to my program,
sidestepping the need to muck about with the system wide libraries?

(http://cairographics.org/releases only goes up to 1.12.6 so I assume
compiling from source is the way to go).

Might not be relevant unless the problem persists in higher versions, but
the behaviour didn't change when running KDE Plasma (compositing).

I'll keep working on this tomorrow or on monday; it is 21:27 here so I'm
going to head home from work now :)

Big thanks for the help thus far, it's deeply appreciated! // Oliver