[cairo] Solution for undefined references to XRenderCreateSolidFill

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Mon Sep 16 02:10:30 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 06:48:43PM -0400, Jacques Pelletier wrote:
> I'm trying to compile the GTK libraries on an old version of
> Slackware (10.1).
>
> After compiling all the other dependencies, Cairo reports an
> undefined reference to XRenderCreateSolidFill. This function was
> added in version 0.9.0.2 of the library libXrender.

cairo carries a copy of the XRender headers so that it can stub out the
functions for missing libraries. (So that the code is not littered with
endless #ifdef when we already have runtime selection based on the
queried client/server compatible version.

All that would be required would be to extend that stubbing to handle
too-old instead of purely absence...
-Chris