[cairo] [PATCH] NEWS: Add bug links and reword feature and bug descriptions
Bryce W. Harrington
b.harrington at samsung.com
Fri Apr 18 12:37:05 PDT 2014
Signed-off-by: Bryce Harrington <b.harrington at samsung.com>
NEWS | 67 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
1 file changed, 46 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)
diff --git a/NEWS b/NEWS
index 7ad26f7..e98be61 100644
@@ -6,33 +6,37 @@ intro text...
- Update our requirements to glib 2.14 and pixman 0.30.
+ Use Pixman's convolution filters for image downscaling, such as for
+ raster images in Inkscape SVG documents. This improves image quality
+ when viewing large images on low resolution devices, as firefox and
+ chromium already do.
- Use Pixman's convolution filters for image downscaling. Include a
- downscaling test.
+ Improve handling of device transformation and scaling, allowing Cairo
+ to now support scaling at a device level, permitting easier, more
+ transparent HiDPI support.
- Improve handling of device transformation and scaling. New public
- functions cairo_surface_set_device_scale and
- cairo_surface_get_device_scale are available.
- Support JBIG2 mime data in PDF.
+ Support JBIG2 mime data in PDF. This allows embedding of more
+ compressed JPEG formats within PDF, rather than including the full
+ uncompressed image. Also, reduce the number of transparency groups
+ used by PDF to keep the file size small and viewing/printing of the
+ PDF fast.
- If the group contains only a combination of clear and opaque alpha and
- only OPERATOR_OVER is used in the group and to paint the group, a
- transparency group is not required when generating pdf.
+ Expand the embedding section to include stencil mask support.
- Add support for stencil masks with jpeg/jpx/jbig2 embedding in PDFs.
+ Reorder font declarations to be in natural order.
- Optimize PDF images where the source and mask are both images with the
- same extents.
- Reorder font declarations to be in natural order
+ New public functions cairo_surface_set_device_scale and
+ cairo_surface_get_device_scale are available.
- Alter the rounding algorithm for converting floating point numbers to
- integers to incur less error
- In matrix transformations, round extremely small values to zero
+ Cairo now requires glib 2.14 for its gobject helper functions,
+ and pixman 0.30 for downscaling.
@@ -52,12 +56,16 @@ Bug fixes
Fix a double-free exposed by multithreaded apps creating and
destroying the same font concurrently.
Fix corrupt stacks produced by bugs in operand emission for trace.
Fix out of bounds array access in format cache for xlib
- Don't rename glyphs used by seac operator
+ Don't rename glyphs used by seac operator. This can cause certain
+ combined characters to use their decorations (e.g. umlauts on ö) to be
+ lost during printing of PDFs using evince.
Fix crash on calling cairo_create with a finished surface
@@ -69,16 +77,33 @@ Bug fixes
Fix rectangle stroke with non rectilinear pen
- Fix imagemask with pattern source failure on some printers
+ Fix imagemask with pattern source failure on some printers. This bug
+ could cause files converted using pdftops to fail for example on Ricoh
+ printers, or opening in Adobe Distiller on Windows.
Fix whitespace in font names
- Fix page size in generated PDFs
+ Fix page size in generated PDFs. When printing using pdftocairo on
+ larger page sizes, such as 11x17, the image would be cropped to letter
Fix path-currentpoint test by preserving current-point in
+ Fix generation of HTML in code docs for
+ cairo-format-stride-for-width. Raw HTML code was being passed
+ to the browser, instead of displaying normally.
+ Fix spelling of "tessellator" throughout code. We're using the
+ American rather than British spelling of this word.
Fix crash when trying to modify a (const) all-clipped cairo_clip_t
Various cleanups and fixes to warnings, documentation, tests, and
build system. Improve error handling and return value checks.
More information about the cairo