[cairo] pycairo status?

Dave Curtis davecurtis at sonic.net
Thu Aug 14 13:48:33 PDT 2014

On 08/14/2014 11:50 AM, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> There is another python cairo binding called cairocffi, which I gather
> is a bit more up to date (I haven't tried it myself).  It claims to be a
> drop-in replacement for pycairo.
>
>     https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cairocffi/
>
> Anyone know anything more about it?

That is a good find.  I hadn't turned that up in my (not very thorough)
search of PyPi.

There appears to be a good amount of recent activity in both the github
repo and issue tracker, which is a good sign.  It also claims to be a
unified module for both Python 2 and Python 3.  I will give it a shot.

-dave