[cairo] Out of data pycairo on pypy

Simon Sapin simon.sapin at exyr.org
Tue Jan 14 06:34:57 PST 2014

On 14/01/2014 12:04, Oswaldo wrote:
> El 11/01/2014 17:23, Simon Sapin escribió:
>> Have a look at cairocffi: http://pythonhosted.org/cairocffi/
>>

> Hi Simon,
>
> I'm trying to install cairoffi on win32/python2.7 but when execute "pip
> install cairocffi" it show the following error:

> building '_cffi_backend' extension
> error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat
>
> I assume that it's looking for the c compiler.
>
> It is imperative to have mingw or vc2008?
> Is there any precompiled version for win32?

Hi Oswaldo,

cairocffi itself is pure-Python, but it depends on CFFI which, on
CPython, involves compiling some C code. You’ll need a C compiler to
install from source, though I don’t know which compilers work. It
probably should be the same as the one that built your Python. See the
CFFI docs:

http://cffi.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

The easiest is probably to use Christoph Gohlke’s unofficial binaries:

http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#cffi

After that, you’ll also need to have cairo somewhrere cairocffi can find it:

http://pythonhosted.org/cairocffi/overview.html#installing-cairo-on-windows

Cheers,
--
Simon Sapin