[cairo] Scaled fixed size fonts

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Sun Jan 19 03:31:28 PST 2014

Hi,

On 19.01.2014 02:14, James Cloos wrote:

> US> Do you happen to know which packages I would have to install on
> US> debian testing to get different images?
>
> Look for the package containing the Adobe bdf fonts for X11.

How exactly would I do that? What would the file name for those files be? My
(naiive) attempt didn't work out:

http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=adobe&mode=path&suite=testing&arch=amd64

(And right now the only .bdf files around belong to texlive)

> On debian it is either xfonts-100dpi or xfonts-75dpi.

$ LC_ALL=C apt-cache policy xfonts-75dpi
xfonts-75dpi:
  Installed: 1:1.0.3
  Candidate: 1:1.0.3
  Version table:
 *** 1:1.0.3 0
        990 http://http.debian.net/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
         50 http://http.debian.net/debian/ unstable/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
$ LC_ALL=C apt-cache policy xfonts-100dpi
xfonts-100dpi:
  Installed: 1:1.0.3
  Candidate: 1:1.0.3
  Version table:
 *** 1:1.0.3 0
        990 http://http.debian.net/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
         50 http://http.debian.net/debian/ unstable/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

However, neither packages contain anything which I would think sounds like
"Adobe bdf fonts fot X11":

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/all/xfonts-75dpi/filelist
http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/all/xfonts-100dpi/filelist

Uli
who just wanted to report that he couldn't reproduce the issue, not steal the
thread...
--
Happiness can't be found -- it finds you.
 - Majic