[cairo] Poppler -> Cairo (svg) no text in output

Denis Kuzmenok forward_ua at ukr.net
Sun Jan 19 07:07:27 PST 2014

Hi there.
I have installed these versions: Cairo 1.12.2 Poppler 0.24.5 librsvg 2.26.1 pdf2svg 0.2.2
Cairo uses Freetype and Fontconfig as font backends. I tried with different PDF files. pdftotext or pdftohtml shows text from pdf file, but if running with pdf2svg - output SVG file has only text as images (no text, only images in svg output file).  Is that the way it should work? I thought svg should output SVG with almost the same formatting, sizes and placement?
Any suggestions?