[cairo] Poppler -> Cairo (svg) no text in output

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Sun Jan 19 15:54:41 PST 2014

Ahhh, maybe I found it. The background would be something like...

* Many PDF include embedded fonts which they are not installed into the system natively.
* Therefore, for truthful rendering onto SVG surface, searching "compatible font" from
the natiely installed font in the rendering system would not be good idea. On the other
hand, using the embedded font would be better.
* SVG has SVG font feature that SVG document could show the text by the font embedded in SVG.
* However, some web browsers (e.g. Firefox) do not support SVG font.
* As a result, the embedded font is (unfortunately) included as a collection of the reusable
graphics in SVG, and the text is shown as a serie of the graphics.

Regards,
mpsuzuki