[cairo] Cairo and ISO C++

Michael McLaughlin mikebmcl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 00:16:07 PST 2014

Thanks for all the great feedback from everyone so far. I'm working to
finish up the initial reference implementation and get it published on
GitHub at which point the plan is to use the mechanisms there to add and
track the various ideas that have come in so far so that we hopefully don't
overlook any of them. I can't guarantee that they'll all be adopted, but I
hope that a lot of them will be (some of them I'd thought of already,
others I didn't but think make a lot of sense).

I had hoped to have the reference implementation done a few hours ago but I
got caught up in the intricacies of the raster source pattern's callbacks
and it took me a lot longer than I expected to get a handle on how they
seem to be used. I'm still working on mechanisms for them and am making
real progress again, but at this point I'm adopting an "it'll be ready when
it's ready" attitude rather than making any predictions.

Thanks again for all the great suggestions and please keep them coming!

-Mike