[cairo] Soliciting Cairo hacks! (Cairocks)

Pierre Joye pierre.php at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 21:33:20 PST 2014

Hi,
On Jan 9, 2014 4:52 PM, "Jeremy Moles" <cubicool at gmail.com> wrote:

> About 2 years ago I started a small project on Googlecode called cairocks
whose purpose was to assimilate neat, common "hacks" that Cairo users
regularly find themselves using that aren't necessarily in Cairo itself.

> http://code.google.com/p/cairocks
>
> It includes some cool stuff such as: loading JPEG's and animated GIFS,
Behdad's map_path_onto, rounded rectangle, embossing, Mirco Mueller's old
gaussian blur, Signed Distance Field creation, etc. However, I think I'm
still the only person who uses it, so I'm either looking to expand its
content and exposure, or else I'm subsume it into the project that actually
uses it most.

> This is just a quick poke and prod to the lists to see if anyone else has
anything interesting they'd be willing to let me add. :)

> ALSO: I plan on adding another feature, something like
cairocks_append_named_path/cairocks_set_named_path, which will let you
append the current path to a named target, and then later set all these
appended paths as the current, single path. This is useful in cases, for
example, when you want stroke a partially-transparent overlay or outline on
top of some surface that may cross over itself, but you don't want it to
actually blend. I know that is a terrible description, but anyone who has
ever done HUD or game UI design using Cairo probably knows what I mean. :)

> DON'T BE SHY! ALL UR SNIPPETS ARE BELONG TO ME!

Very nice idea and very handy to have them in one place :)

One question, the license seems wrong or are they all under GPL? I hope not
:)

Cheers,
Pierre