[cairo] Segfault at sweep_line_delete

Henrique Lengler henriqueleng at openmailbox.org
Wed Jul 23 13:50:06 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 04:50:42PM -0300, Henrique Lengler wrote:
>   My web browser crashes when i try to watch a youtube video or open certain web
> pages with any webkit browser(that uses cairo).
>   I found other peoples like me with this bug but i can't found a solution.
>   This error already happened with me while using these web browsers: jumanji,
> surf, uzbl, vimprobrable2, dwb. And using two diferents linux distributions.
> Arch Linux and Gentoo, both in the same computer.
>
> There is this problem archived on this mailing list
> http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2014-March/025089.html , but the
> "solution" apresented in the end, as a patch
> http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2014-March/025103.html
> didn't solved my problem. He says about the patch "This diff avoids the segfault
> for me, but only papers over the bug..." So it's not the real solution.

So i applied the patch by hand and it compile, but i continue with the segfault! :(

I'm getting frustated with this bug, i can't solve it and i can't get my
browser to work!

I will throw out cairo + webkit and will try to find another
alternative!
I can't get any support from comunity and i don't have sufficient
knowledge to understand the extense code of cairo to solve this bug.
It's been months with this problem and i can't more depend of it, so i
give up!

--
Henrique Lengler