[cairo] cairo-quartz-font.c: Non-public CGFontGetGlyphPath now deprecated

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Wed Jun 18 23:50:26 PDT 2014

Since upgrading to OS X 10.10 I am now receiving deprecation warnings on
running cairo applications:

Jun 19 15:39:28 Simons-MacBook-Pro.local lua[74495] <Error>: The function
‘CGFontGetGlyphPath’ is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update.
Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete
function, and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system
performance.

Jun 19 15:39:28 Simons-MacBook-Pro.local lua[74495] <Error>: The function
‘CGFontGetGlyphPaths’ is obsolete and will be removed in an upcoming update.
Unfortunately, this application, or a library it uses, is using this obsolete
function, and is thereby contributing to an overall degradation of system
performance.

I am guessing that the official way to do things is to move to Core Text and
CTFontCreatePathForGlyph. This doesn't look like it would be too difficult to
do, since most of the CG... functions being used in cairo-quartz-font.c appear
to be available in Core Text, but in reality I have no experience with these
APIs and hence no actual idea what I am talking about.