[cairo] PDF metadata

Adrian Johnson ajohnson at redneon.com
Fri Nov 14 23:38:16 PST 2014

On 13/11/14 13:46, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:42:22AM +0100, Bernhard R. Fischer wrote:
>> There was a thread containing a patch to modify PDF meta data even in 2007 and
>> on the roadmap (http://cairographics.org/roadmap/) this feature is listed for
>> 1.12/2011. But it isn't even in 1.14.
>
> I take it you're referring to:
>
> • API to set surface metadata (title, author, etc). This should be a
> generic surface API. See two threads: [1] [2]
>
>> Is there a specific reason or are there any plans to implement that?
>
> The roadmap is out of date and has not been updated in some time.  I
> would guess the only reason for this feature not being included was that
> an implementation was not available for integration at time of the
> release.

I've pushed out my old metadata branches to:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ajohnson/cairo/log/?h=metadata

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ajohnson/cairo/log/?h=metadata.old

I can't find the mailing list discussion for this. Maybe it was on IRC.
At the time there was no consensus reached on an API for metadata.

My preference would be for the API on the metadata.old branch. The
Dublin Core stuff in the metadata branch could always be added later if
there is demand for it.