[cairo] Compilation errors with MSVC after recent changes to 'cairo-path-stroke-traps.c'

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 10:29:31 PDT 2014

On 04/10/2014 20:39, Mike Gran wrote:
> They (or at least Herb Sutter) recommend that
>
> "C developers use the C++ compiler to compile C code (using /TP if
> the file is named something.c). This is the best choice for using
> Visual C++ to compile C code."
>
> http://herbsutter.com/2012/05/03/reader-qa-what-about-vc-and-c99/
>
> But doing so in Cairo would like lead to a bunch of warnings and
> errors about casting.

Yes, that's exactly what I see if I try to build with /TP.  It only
results in a different set of problems  :-(

So...  given that we need to build as plain old 'C' can the original
problem be fixed?  I guess memcpy() (or even simple assignment) would
work if there isn't a more elegant solution.

John