[cairo] query regarding the util/cairo-missing

Bryce Harrington bryce at osg.samsung.com
Wed Sep 17 13:48:00 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 03:05:25PM +0530, RAVI NANJUNDAPPA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (Resending the earlier mail in plain text format)
> I've a query regarding the util/cairo-missing
> This directory mainly has only getline.c and strndup.c implementations.
> Wanted to know if there are any historical reasons for the existence of this
> directory?

>From the directory's changelog:

    Introduce the cairo-missing library

    The cairo-missing library provides the functions which are needed in
    order to correctly compile cairo (or its utilities) and which were
    not found during configuration.

    Fixes the build on MacOS X Lion, which failed because of collisons
    between the cairo internal getline and strndup and those in libc:

    cairo-analyse-trace.c:282: error: static declaration of ‘getline’
    follows non-stati$ /usr/include/stdio.h:449: error: previous
    declaration of ‘getline’ was here cairo-analyse-trace.c:307: error:
    static declaration of ‘strndup’ follows non-stati$ ...

So, appears to be for providing system functions that are missing on
certain platforms.

Bryce