[cairo] Wrong colors on ARM devices when use create_similar on F20

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Mon Sep 29 05:30:01 PDT 2014

We found a strange problem when we show a pixbuf in a surface
created using create_similar in Fedora 20 on arm devices.
Example screenshots are attached in our bug [1] with more information.

The problem is not visible on Fedora 18 or in Fedora 20 on x86_64 devices.
The version of cairo included in F18 is 1.12.14 and in F20 is  1.13.1

Is possible solve the issue with this patch [2] but I am not sure if is the
right solution.
In theory create the surface using create_similar should be better
from the point of view of the performance, at least as I understand it.

I would appreciate advice about if we should change our code,
or if this issue can be related to any change on cairo.

Thanks in advance,
--
Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning

[1] http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/4790
[2]
https://github.com/quozl/imageviewer-activity/commit/5b4da024cdf193d5bf8c4bb97e27eac0f753c140