[cairo] SVG & PS/EPS surfaces

Stefan Salewski mail at ssalewski.de
Sun Aug 2 09:39:21 PDT 2015

On Sun, 2015-08-02 at 17:44 +0200, Tomas By wrote:
> Then I create a 2nd surface, and do (in C terms):
>
>    cairo_set_source_surface(cr_of_2nd_surface,1st_surface,0,0);
>    cairo_paint(cr_of_2nd_surface);

Indeed using cairo_paint() may force rasterization I think.
I have used that operation only for screen output yet, so I am not sure
what happens to vectors. Maybe you can avoid cairo_paint(). I am using
it currently for translucent effects and merging background and
foreground (http://ssalewski.de/PetEd.html.en) Maybe I have to modify my
drawing routine to avoid cairo_paint() for true vectors in SVG and PDF
output. I hope one of the developers may comment on this tomorrow.