[cairo] SVG & PS/EPS surfaces

Tomas By tomas at basun.net
Sun Aug 2 13:56:19 PDT 2015

On 2015-08-02 22:27, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Guile cairo is from 2011 and seems to support only cairo 1.9, so maybe
> that cairo version is too old, or there is something wrong with the
> guile bindings?

Well, I haven't tested to do PS on PS or PDF on PDF in C, so am not sure
if that is supposed to maintain the vector purity, but I guess there is
something wrong with guile-cairo.

I seem to be using libcairo 1.14.2

> Or, you may try harder to avoid using multiple surfaces.

I may be misunderstanding things, but I have the impression I am using
the recording surfaces exactly as intended. Is there some easier/better
way to do separate drawings and then combine them?

It works fine in C so I am not convinced that there is any reason for me
not to use both recording and PS/EPS surfaces.

> If you intent to investigate the problem further, obvious first step is
> using guile for drawing only onto one single surface and check the
> result. When that is fine, then use cairo_paint() to transfer it to
> another surface and tell us the results.

I think I have given up on guile-cairo.

/Tomas