[cairo] how to substitute CAIRO_CLIP_PATH_IS_BOX ?

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult enrico.weigelt at gr13.net
Wed Dec 16 15:51:48 PST 2015

On 16.12.2015 16:21, Chris Wilson wrote:

=> i915_surface_paint_with_alpha()
> But for the basic i915, we just want boxes and as cheaply as possible.
> So, the code just asks 10: "is it a box" then draw else reduce; goto 10;

hmm, I dont see that loop anywhere.

is it happening via _clip_and_composite_boxes() ?

by the way: what's the purpose of copying the clip  (instead of
directly using the passed one) ? is it changed somewhere ?

=> i915_surface_fill_with_alpha()

>> Another user is i915_surface_fill_with_alpha() .. I haven't really
>> understood, whats going on here, but it seems that we're testing
>> whether the fill path is is affected by the clip path (or maybe
>> even equal to it).
>
> Right, it tries to discard the clip path. I think that was superseded by
> the geometric intersection between clip and fill.

In which way exactly superseded ? I there any function which I could/
should replace it with ?

--mtx

--
Enrico Weigelt,