[cairo] understanding _cairo_path_fixed_fill_extents()

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Sat Dec 19 02:11:42 PST 2015

Am 18.12.2015 um 17:01 schrieb Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm currently trying to understand _cairo_path_fixed_fill_extents().
> It checks whether the path's extents box is defined by two points
> where the second is south-east from p1. If not (eg. they're in the
> order) it just initializes the rect as zero.
>
> What about the north-west cases ? Why are they dropped to zero ?
> Shouldn't they just be inverted instead ?

I don't really know, but I wonder: Why would the points be the other way around?
I guess path->extents.p1 is defined to be the north west corner and it can only
be south or east of p2 due to rounding issues somewhere?

So based on a definition of "p1 is the north-west corner", I think this function
does exactly the right thing. If this every is a problem, the code generating
this bogus extents should be fixed.

Cheers,
Uli
--