[cairo] Delphi: Cairo hardware acceleration

Stefan Salewski mail at ssalewski.de
Sat Jan 3 14:21:59 PST 2015

On Sat, 2015-01-03 at 22:49 +0100, Harald Friedrich wrote:
> Hello Stefan,
>
> thank you for your answer and your hints. I checked more exactly and
> found that cairo is faster than GDI but it is way slower than OpenGL.
> The quality is much better using cairo.
>
> So I think I have to use OpenGL directly without any wrapper because
> need the speed.

Indeed my expectation was a much greater difference than a factor of 10
between Cairo and GL drawing. For GL you may know that some tuning of
drawing quality is possible, but it may depend on the used graphic card,
see for example

http://wiki.delphigl.com/index.php/OpenGL_Smooth

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3512456/how-to-draw-smooth-line-with-antialias

Generally I think that the demand for smooth anti-aliased drawing will
decrease when high resolution display (4k, UHD) will become more
popular, which should happen soon.