[cairo] Inkscape Version 0.91 is Released

Bryce Harrington bryce at osg.samsung.com
Sat Jan 31 10:09:36 PST 2015

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 06:55:29PM +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 18:05 -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > The Inkscape community proudly announces the release of Inkscape 0.91.
>
> Great!
>
> May I ask if the Windows and Mac version now works fine with GTK3?

Gtk3 is still fairly WIP on Linux.  As I understand it, there were
problems due to several widgets changed to be more specific to the GNOME
3 interface and drop certain functionality of more general utility.
Thus in order to replicate the old Gtk2 widget functionality Inkscape
depended on, custom widgets will need to be created to replace the Gtk3
widgets and restore the now-missing functionality.  I don't use Windows
or Mac myself but assume the same problems exist there.  Gtk3 will be
focused on for 0.92 or perhaps 0.93.

Bryce