[cairo] Clickable links in PDF? Metadata?

Andreas Lobinger lobingera at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 00:33:09 PDT 2015

Hello colleague,

i'm not fully aware of the cairo development and do not have insight
into roadmap or feature planning, so the following might need
correction.

Cairo is clearly targeted at rendering - quality and consitently over
all output media - not at document management. The features your are
asking for are part of the pdf document structure and metadata and i'd
not expect this to be handled by Cairo. I have some background in
processing and creating pdf - i wrote once SW to change something in
the pdf structure - like updating the MediaBox, collecting pages from
1-page document into 1 document etc. and from that time i'd recommend
(for your use case) to look for another library to support the
document structure. pdflib lite e.g. comes to my mind. The pdf rending
model is quite straight forward (exc. color managment), the major part
in a pdf document is the document structure.

Wishing a happy day,
        Andreas