[cairo] fatal error: pthread.h: No such file or directory

Sun Jul 5 04:12:50 PDT 2015

Yes, you are right I have not answered to your question.
Here is the answer: I am sure that nobody told me to use PKG_CONFIG_PATH.
In fact, that is just because I have read the pkg-config manual and found that the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable could be useful to find correctly my *.pc files.
I was not aware that there was better than PKG_CONFIG_PATH probably because I have not read carefully the manual of pkg-config.
I am reading again this manual and I think "PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR" is what I am looking for: "Replaces the  default  pkg-config search directory, usually /usr/lib/pkgconfig".
It seems to be better than PKG_CONFIG_PATH because as it is written in the manual, with PKG_CONFIG_PATH: "The default directory will always be searched after searching the path".
So, it is just me that does not use correctly pkg-config program.
Sorry about that.

I have just cross-compiled glib and now the problem is solved.
Thank you a lot.