[cairo] Release planning for 0.14.2

Cedric Roux sed at free.fr
Sat Mar 7 16:38:16 PST 2015

On 03/07/2015 11:19 PM, Henry (Yu) Song wrote:
> I will re-work on this.  There is a memory leak in caio_surface_flush
> () in xlib surface.  Observed that 5000 cairo_surface_flush () calls
> leaks about 2 MB.
>
> Thanks for feedback

I had something similar a few months ago.
I was using XCheckMaskEvent.
Rewriting the program to use XNextEvent solved the issue.
See: http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2013-December/024819.html

In my case, the problem was that XCheckMaskEvent will not pick up
MIT-SHM-Completion events, so they will accumulate in the queue
(if I get it right).

So the "solution" is to use XNextEvent, which will pick up those
unwanted events. Or fix cairo, because those events have nothing
to do in the X queue in the first place. It might be hard though...

HTH
Cédric