[cairo] Qahirah: A High-Level Cairo API Binding For Python 3

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Sun Mar 8 19:27:58 PDT 2015

On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 03:04:13 +0100, Olaf Schmidt wrote:

> The code-size is about two/thirds of your python-script here:
> https://github.com/ldo/qahirah_examples/blob/master/alhambra_tiles

Interesting that you use hard-coded numbers for the shape of the
curves. Mine does not. You can change the tilt and curve_factor
parameters on my triwing, or the wing_ratio on my arrowing, to produce a
whole family of curves with exactly the same symmetry properties.

That was the key point I was trying to demonstrate: the ability to do
powerful geometrical calculations in just a few lines of code.