[cairo] Qahirah: A High-Level Cairo API Binding For Python 3

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Tue Mar 10 16:08:32 PDT 2015

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 18:36:19 +0100, Olaf Schmidt wrote:

> Your current routine for the ArrowWing-Pattern is about 55 lines.
> The selfcontained-routine below (including also PngFile-Output) is:
>
> - significantly less voluminous (only about 35 lines)
> - in my opinion easier to understand (math- or construction-wise)
> - much easier to port to the flat C-API (straight cairo-default-stuff)

All that effort, and you still cannot display more than one instance of
one pattern at one time. And I notice you have dropped any mention
of the second, “arrowing” pattern. Is all this getting too complex for
you?

Do yourself a favour: if you are trying to show up deficiencies in
Python, don’t do it with Microsoft Visual Basic.