[cairo] Fwd: What should I learn to build GUI framework from scratch?

Эльдар Габдуллин eldargab at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 05:44:33 PDT 2015

First of all I am sorry for a bit of off topic, but I just think this is a
best place to ask.

For education and fun purposes, in order to learn very best and
foundational ideas,
I'd like to implement GUI framework from scratch. The end result should be
similar in
scope to what HTML/CSS does with reasonable performance. I'd like to start
from
a bare metal, relying only on a raw hardware.

What books, lecture notes, papers, presentations should I study first
assuming no prior
graphics background? Also, how much time the whole project will
approximately take?

Regards,

Eldar.