[cairo] how to enable font aliasing

Dan Raymond draymond at foxvalley.net
Tue Mar 24 19:06:27 PDT 2015

>> You’re not calling cairo_set_antialias, are you? What does
>> cairo_get_antialias
>> <http://cairographics.org/manual/cairo-cairo-t.html#cairo-get-antialias>
>> return?
> By the way, this setting applies to paths, not text. For text, you
> control anti-aliasing via the font_options.

Both APIS return 0 (CAIRO_ANTIALIAS_DEFAULT).

{
    cairo_font_options_t *options;

    options = cairo_font_options_create();
    printf("cairo_font_options_get_antialias = %d\n",
cairo_font_options_get_antialias(options));
    printf("cairo_get_antialias = %d\n", cairo_get_antialias(cr));
}

I just noticed that text anti-aliasing is working on one machine but not
another.  Why would this differ between machines?  They both have the
same version of cairo installed.