[cairo] Continued support for Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger

Ryan Schmidt cairo-2015 at ryandesign.com
Mon May 11 06:01:43 PDT 2015

On May 10, 2015, at 2:25 AM, Daven Quinn wrote:

> That sheds some light on the issue, which appears when the error message doesn't (i.e. on 1.14.2). I have no issue with the error message, which is fine. However, something about the fix in 1.14.2 is breaking glyph rendering through CairoSVG on the latest OS X. So it seems that the new APIs were not implemented quite correctly.

There was 5 months between the release of 1.14.0 and the release of 1.14.2, so I expect many more changes were made than just the half dozen lines changed in moving to this modern API. I would not suspect this particular change of having caused the problem you're having.

> As a side note, the lectures about maintaining compatibility have no bearing on this bug.

You're right; I'm sorry for hijacking your thread.