[cairo] Cairo animation

Stefan Salewski mail at ssalewski.de
Sun May 24 07:52:19 PDT 2015

On Sun, 2015-05-24 at 16:17 +0200, Davide Calaminici wrote:
> i would like to know how to do a simple cairo animation.

Interactive or non interactive? Inside a GTK window? Have you already
drawn some desired graphics at all?

I do admit that there are not many fine examples for cairo, but there
are some. With "cairo graphics animation" you should find some with an
arbitrary search engine. I can remember these pages:

http://cairographics.org/threaded_animation_with_cairo/
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22851584/very-simple-smooth-animation-with-gtk2-and-cairo
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23225832/how-to-do-basic-animation-with-gtk3-c-and-cairo-only

I started myself with a Ruby example, for which a C version may exists
also, but I can not find it currently.
https://github.com/ruby-gnome2/ruby-gnome2/blob/master/gtk3/sample/misc/cairo-pong.rb

And I can remember a cairo clock. (My own application is this one:
http://ssalewski.de/PetEd.html.en)