[cairo] Prolog bindings for cairo

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Mon Nov 9 13:37:38 PST 2015

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 16:43:21 +0100, Keri Harris wrote:

> Attached is a patch for the bindings web page, adding an entry for
> Prolog bindings.

It seems to me that, when doing a high-level language binding for a
library, it makes sense to take advantage of features of that language.

For example, when I did my Python binding for Cairo, I took advantage
of Python’s data-manipulation facilities to offer high-level operations
on geometrical objects.

What is Prolog good for? The resolution convention.

So how can you use resolution in a Cairo binding? Perhaps combine a
getter and setter into a single predicate, that can resolve either way?

But that means implementing some kind of functional interpretation of
Cairo objects.

Now there’s a rabbit hole...