[cairo] how do you draw an outline of a circle/ellipse

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 09:54:00 PST 2015

Changing Cairo to work the way you expect is actually a proposed addition,
called "line width locking" I think.

As you point out the current behaviour makes it impossible to draw an
ellipse using the arc commands where the line is the same thickness on all
sides, as well as being pretty unintuitive.