[cairo] Cairo In Ubuntu 14.04?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Thu Oct 1 19:21:33 PDT 2015

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 22:42:45 +1300, I wrote:

> ... as well [as] quality problems, compared to what I get when I run
> the same script with the same inputs on my machine (Cairo version
> 1.14.2 under Debian Unstable).

Actually, looking again at the client’s example, perhaps I was a little
hasty in describing them as quality “problems”. The client was doing a
comparison with resizing in Photoshop, and yes, their result looks
smoother if you compare them side-by-side. Perhaps Cairo itself cannot
offer the same breadth of quality options, but I could probably match
that by resorting to direct Pixman calls.