[cairo] graphics problem

Roman Goldov goldov1 at yandex.ru
Tue Oct 13 05:54:34 PDT 2015

Hello, i installed CentOS 7 and gtk-devel libaries. I learn GTK+ and Cairo. I downloaded (copied) from Internet an exmple of cairo file (file9.c that is attached) where i tried to draw lines (graphics) on the window. However, the window is opened and it is empty, and also theer is warning message in the terminal:

[... at localhost ~]$ gcc -Wall -g file9.c -o file9.exe `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` `pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0`
[... at localhost ~]$ ./file9.exe

(file9.exe:9678): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:2462: signal 'draw' is invalid for instance '0x968440' of type 'GtkDrawingArea'

I would appreciate help in solving the problem. A detailed answer would be appreciated because i am a new user of Linux.
Thank you.
Roman Goldov