[cairo] graphics problem

Roman Goldov goldov1 at yandex.ru
Wed Oct 14 04:47:30 PDT 2015

Hello, thank you for the answer. many apologies for not providing full information about a C-example file and a version of gtk+-devel and cairo-devel in the previous e-mail. below i send you a version of gtk+-devel and cairo-devel - as a i understand the version of gtk+ is "1.2" and of cairo-devel is "1.12" (in my OS - CentOS 7):

[root at localhost ...]# yum install cairo-devel
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
 * base: centos-mirror.rbc.ru
 * epel: epel.besthosting.ua
 * extras: centos-mirror.rbc.ru
 * updates: centos-mirror.rbc.ru
Package cairo-devel-1.12.14-6.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

[root at localhost ...]# yum install gtk+-*
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
 * base: centos-mirror.rbc.ru
 * epel: epel.besthosting.ua
 * extras: centos-mirror.rbc.ru
 * updates: centos-mirror.rbc.ru
Package 1:gtk+-devel-1.2.10-77.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package 1:gtk+-1.2.10-77.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

i would appreciate if someone could send me a few examples (of full working C-files) of how one could incorporate
cairo into gtk+-1.2. - at the moment i looked through examples at the web-site "http://cairographics.org/examples/",
howevere i could not understand how one could use cairo functions to draw/insert lines, color rectangles and other color (or b/w) pictures in a window created by gtk+.

Thank you.
Roman Goldov