[cairo] Missing Makefile for 1.14.2

Bryce Harrington bryce at osg.samsung.com
Thu Oct 15 11:38:24 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 12:37:25PM +0000, Maud, Jim wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Ultimately I am trying to use JMXTerm and Graphite on RHEL 5.9
> So far I created an alternative install of Python 2.7 and I have successfully installed pixman-0.32.8
>
> So currently I am trying to install Cairo.
> I have come across an error relating to missing make file.
>
> The actions I carried out were as follows:
> [trilliant at ukbilrwe004 python]$ unxz cairo-1.14.2.tar.xz
> [trilliant at ukbilrwe004 python]$ tar xf cairo-1.14.2.tar
> [trilliant at ukbilrwe004 python]$ cd cairo-1.14.2
> [trilliant at ukbilrwe004 cairo-1.14.2]$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/app/Python-2.7.10/lib/pkgconfig
> [trilliant at ukbilrwe004 cairo-1.14.2]$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/app/Python-2.7.10/lib
> [trilliant at ukbilrwe004 cairo-1.14.2]$ ./configure --prefix=/app/Python-2.7.10

Was there really no output from configure?
Usually when no Makefile is created it is because configure failed for
some reason, and the reason is stated in the output.  If it gave no
output then something is fundamentally wrong with it, possibly related
to your system setup.

Fwiw, I re-downloaded the .xz and went through the above steps (with my
own paths) just now and it worked ok.

Bryce