[cairo] PDF: Font size is rounded

Kouhei Sutou kou at cozmixng.org
Sat Apr 16 13:06:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

In <56FF4093.5090907 at redneon.com>
  "Re: [cairo] PDF: Font size is rounded" on Sat, 2 Apr 2016 14:16:27 +1030,
  Adrian Johnson <ajohnson at redneon.com> wrote:

> I put some printfs in _cairo_ft_scaled_glyph_init (in cairo-ft-font.c).
> It appears that FreeType is returning hinted metrics. I'm guessing that
> to get unhinted metrics of TrueType fonts we need to set the scale to
> the EM size like we do for win32 fonts.
>
> I'm attaching a patch to do this. It fixes your test case. I don't know
> if this patch is the correct way to fix the problem. I am not familiar
> with the FreeType font backend.

Could someone who know about the FreeType font backend
review the patch and commit the patch to the cairo
repository? I confirmed that the patch fixes the problem I
reported. I want the next cairo release to include this
patch.

Thanks,
--
kou