[cairo] gallium surface still maintained ?
ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Wed Aug 3 09:33:48 UTC 2016
On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 11:02:25 +0200, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
> I need cairo on targets w/o a usable GPU.
> (actually, that's why I picked cairo the first place)
Maybe you need something a little less ambitious and resource-intensive
* For a start, take out anti-aliasing.
* Also take out Bézier curves and clipping paths.
* Remove transformation matrices as well.
* Avoid fancy line styles. Some drawing operators may be OK.
* Also, good-bye mesh patterns.
* Finally, replace floating-point coordinates with integers. 16-bit
integer coordinates ought to be enough for any reasonable drawing
For comparison, Macintosh Color QuickDraw was capable of drawing
full-colour, full-screen graphics at interactive speeds on a 25MHz
Motorola 68040 processor in 1993--within the above limitations.
(I still have a machine of that vintage and spec in a corner of my
More information about the cairo