[cairo] Fwd: cairo maintenance status

Guillermo Rodriguez guillerodriguez.dev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 12:10:57 UTC 2016

enrico.weigelt at gr13.net>:

> On 04.08.2016 11:13, Guillermo Rodriguez wrote:
>
> > Just curious, why are these patches needed with the dumb framebuffer?
>
> Not just dumb buffer alone, but also the other DRM backends.

For the other DRM backends I see the motivation. It's just for the dumb
framebuffer where I didn't see why it was necessary.

> A lot of things, even in the plain fb didn't fit to the rest of cairo,
> but also many of the patches are just cleaning up warnings.
>
> > I am also running Cairo on DRM, but just using the image surface to draw
> > to the DRM buffer.
>
> Which version are you using ?

1.14 .6 right now.

> Are you using the drm surface or just an image surface and do the drm
> stuff on your own ?

I take care of opening the drm device, setting the mode, and that stuff.
Then I just create an image surface mapped on top of the drm buffer.

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodriguez at gmail.com