[cairo] Image Format / Pre-Multiplied Alpha Related Feature Request

William Kappler wekapple at ncsu.edu
Mon Feb 1 19:50:10 PST 2016

I was thinking that when you suggested it, but I don't know if that's a big
problem or not. I suppose it depends on how exactly the information is used
- although I really wanted to avoid concerns like that.

Oversampling would definitely help with gradients/boundaries, but I am a
bit worried that abutting regions of solid color might unexpectedly fail to
match up. And if someone for some reason tried to use Cairo output as
non-image data in a shader... I'd rather not think about that situation in
the first place!

I'm just putting this issue on my backburner for now. If Cairo doesn't have
some sort of internal solution by then, I'll try to come up with an
external workaround. Thanks for the suggestions.

William E. Kappler II
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/williamkappler> · Blog
<http://williamkappler.blogspot.com/> · Project Website
<https://github.com/WilliamKappler/onathacar/wiki>